ALLISON'S TUNA SALAD
Allison’s dad taught her this tried and true tuna salad recipe.
It’s easily adaptable if you like more or less mayonnaise/more or less mustard, etc. You can’t go wrong with your proportions. What is a must is the small dice for the celery and apple. Do your best and bring a strong knife game to the table as the crunch makes this refreshing salad.
• 2 cans of tuna (5 oz)...Allison likes using Skip Jack Tuna from Trader Joe’s and make sure it’s drained well
• 2 generous tablespoons of mayonnaise
• 1 generous teaspoon of Dijon mustard
• 1 generous tablespoon of sweet pickle relish
• 3 stalks of celery finely diced
• 1 apple finely diced (Allison prefers Gala but any sweet apple will do!)
• Salt/pepper to taste or EBTB seasoning and crushed red pepper for those who like a little heat
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and serve! Best when chilled and delicious the next day or day after.
Serve alone or over greens, toast, in a sandwich, as a melt. The possibilities are endless with this easy tuna salad. Enjoy!