This is an incredibly easy and affordable weeknight dinner. It's perfect for when you want something delicious and comforting without a lot of effort. If the extra ingredients freak the kids out, just serve them plain old ramen while the adults enjoy the fancy kind!
• 2 3 oz. packages chicken ramen • 2 Tablespoons siracha sauce • 4 green onions, thinly sliced
• Juice of 2 limes • 4 Tablespoons chopped, salted peanuts (optional...but recommend!)
* cilantro on top
*cashews instead of peanuts
*add shredded, cooked chicken to bowl before water
*add a hard or soft-boiled egg
*add 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger to the bowl
1. In a large, heatproof bowl, sprinkle the chicken seasoning from ramen package.
2. Add siracha.
3. Lay the 2 day ramen "blocks" on top.
4. Sprinkle the green onions on top and add lime juice.
5. Boil the amount of water called for (4 cups) and pour over ingredients in bowl and let sit for 3 minutes with minimal stirring. You can swap the ramen noodles around so they soften if need be.
6. Stir with a fork to mix, then divide into two serving bowls, carefully.
7. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts, if using, and serve!