These kid-approved cheeseburger sliders are the best! Simple to make, great for a crowd and kids and delicious! We sourced from one of our longtime favorite food bloggers @weelicious. Give her a follow! Enjoy.
Makes 12 sliders
• 1 lb. ground beef • 3 tablespoons minced dried onions (find in spice section) • 1 teaspoon garlic powder • 1 teaspoon onion powder • 1/2 teaspoon paprika • 1 teaspoon kosher salt • pepper to taste • 3-4 tablespoons mayonaise
• 5 slices Sharp Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
• 1 package Hawaiian rolls (12 rolls)
1. Preheat oven to 375. Line a 9 x 13 glass baking dish with parchment paper (leaving some hanging off the sides) or spray with cooking spray.
2. Place a skillet over medium heat on the stove top. Add ground beef and break apart with a spatula. Add the dried minced onion, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Continue to cook until meat is browned and cooked through. Remove from heat.
3. If necessary, tilt the pan to spoon off and discard excess fat. Add the mayonnaise and stir to combine.
4. Using a large serrated knife, and keeping the sides connected, cut the Hawaiian rolls lengthwise creating one large top layer and bottom layer.
5. Place bottom bun layer in prepared baking dish. Spoon the ground beef mixture evenly on top and layer the cheese slices. You may have to cut one slice of cheese in half to cover the last bit of ground beef. Finally, with cut side down add the top bun layer.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and tops are golden. Remove from oven.
7. Lift the parchment paper to remove all the sliders from the dish. Cut along the sliders from the dish. Cut along the lines to form individual sliders. If not using parchment paper, you can cut into sliders while still in the baking dish then use a spatula to serve.
8. Serve with ketchup, mustard or other dipping sauces on the side.
*Recipe by Weelicious