Soup for dinner! If you or someone you love is under the weather, or you simply feel like a nourishing meal, we've got a great one for you. We've listed several variations and additions at the end of the recipe if you'd like to add protein, serve over rice, or sprinkle some cheese on top. However you choose to enjoy, this is a delicious soup and comes together easily.
• 5-6 garlic cloves, minced • 1 large onion, diced • 2 stalks celery, diced • 2 cups baby carrots, diced (use any type of carrot you'd like) • 2- 32 oz. cartons of chicken bone broth • 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped • 1/4 cup cauliflower, chopped • zest of 2 lemons
• Juice of 2 lemons
• salt and pepper to taste
• 2-3 tablespoons EVOO
• Handful of chopped spinach (add to bowls and pour hot soup over to wilt)
1. Preheat your sauce pan or Dutch oven to medium low heat. Add olive oil to the bottom. Add onion and cook for a minute or two. Add celery and carrot next as well as salt and pepper. Add garlic and continue to cook another 3-4 minutes.
2. Add bone broth and bring to a low boil. Add other veggies as well as lemon juice and zest and bring to a low boil.
3. Once soup boils, turn down to a simmer for about 5 mins. Put a handful of spinach in each bowl and pour hot soup over to wilt.
Add 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger of 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
Add 1 tablespoon fresh grated tumeric or 1/2 tablespoon ground tumeric
Add shredded chicken, ground turkey, ground chicken or ground beef.
Serve over white or brown rice.
Sprinkle graded Parmesan cheese over soup.