Over 40 Amazing Spots to Stay, Eat, Drink & Shop in Phoenix + Scottsdale
We love a get away, a trip, a vacation. Whatever you like to call it, if it involves travel we’re here for it. The sound of luggage zipping up gives us a rush. Give us any excuse and we’re ready to jump in the car, on the train or on the plane. A boat? For sure. We’re into that too. And guess what? We’re not alone. You love to travel!
We know this for a fact because we’re asked about our favorite things to do in Phoenix, Arizona often! You ask about family trips, girls trips and couples trips to name just a few. We hear you and we’re ready to deliver. Come one, come all to the great state of Arizona! We are beyond lucky to have SO MANY incredible options here in Phoenix and Scottsdale. The list below are our absolute favorites. Places that we have been to time and time again and send our friends and family to when they visit.
We proudly introduce the official “JTI Travel Guide to Phoenix + Scottsdale”. We’ll be adding other Arizona gems that we’ve tried and love. Think a great day trip or another “must see” Arizona destination for you to add to your future travels, but for now we’ve got you covered when it comes to what to do in the Phoenix and Scottsdale areas. Come visit! Consider this your formal invitation.
Where To Stay
• Best for couples or adult-only trip. Exceptional dinner, bar, spa and pool experiences.
• Romantic. Boutique resort. Best for anniversary, couples trip, or mellow girl's weekend.
• True Arizona experience. Could work for a family trip but know you won't leave the resort as you're location is a bit isolated.
• Excellent location. Perfect for any type of trip. Kid-friendly pool. Must have a sunset cocktail on the balcony of the Thirsty Camel.
• Perfect for a family trip. Great North Scottsdale location.
• Great Central Phoenix location. Best kid's pool and water slides in town. Adult only pool also. Every President has stayed here!
• If you're coming to enjoy the holidays (think Christmas lights, ice skating, ferris wheel bonanza) this is the primo primo.
Where to Eat
• The newest hot spot with one of our city's most celebrated chefs.
• Iconic martini menu. Order the Hell's Fire Fries.
• Think Las Vegas restaurant experience in Scottsdale.
• Tres Chic for lunch or dinner.
• Eleveted Mexican located in the heart of Scottsdale.
• Sit in the fishbowl and order the Grapefruit Basil Martini.
• You will enjoy any meal here.
• Celebrating a special occasion? This is your spot.
• Our favorite steakhouse in town. Beg the host for a bar table.
• For the foodies.
• Tasting menu for THE most special occasion.
• Bruschetta board bonanza paired with excellent wines.
Berdena's Fine Coffee + Food
• Can't miss this Old Town Scottsdale gem. Get the avocado toast.
• Google Chris Bianco. Not to be missed.
• Excellent seafood. Don't miss the Diego Rivera cocktail.
• Close your eyes and you're in Italy. Get the Cacio e Pepe secret menu item.
• The mini donut menu here is on fire.
• A+ for ambience and the Arizona experience. Kid-friendly.
• An institution. Take a bag of english muffins home with you.
• If we're going on a date night, we're going here.
• One of our favorite spots to take our kids.
• A beautiful family friendly spot in North Scottsdale.
• Start here with your kids and then cross the street to the Sugar Bowl.
Sugar Bowl Ice Cream Parlor
• You're welcome kiddos.
• Great neighborhood restaurant up in North Scottsdale.
• Perfect lunch or early dinner post shopping at Kierland/Quarter.
• Sit on the back patio.
• Downtown destination for the super foodie.
• This has girl's trip group brunch written all over it.
• Location, location, location. Get the sticky buns.
• For the juice bar lovers out there. Think juice, smoothies and grab & go.
*We strongly suggest making reservations ahead of time at all of these amazing restaurants!
Where To Drink
• One of the most beautiful bars.
• Sunset cocktails on the patio are a must.
• Iconic dive bar in Old Town Scottsdale.
• A guy on a horse might ride into the bar.
• Our favorite date night bar. Roll the dice and order the Trust Cocktail.
• See above.
Huss Brewing Co - Uptown Taproom + Kitchen
• For the beer lover. Family friendly.
• Hungover? Order the Crispy Chicken Sammy, Chips & Frozen Greyhound.
Rita’s Cantina + Bar
• See above.
• See above.
Porters Western Saloon
• A great bar in Old Town Scottsdale.
Where To Shop
Willows Fine Goods
Old Town Jewels (turquoise and silver)
Cave and Post Trading Co. (Mens)
Grass Clippings (Mens)
Things To Do With Kids
Things To Do With Adults
Walk around Old Town Scottsdale