Gretchen came across this clean tuna salad recipe on one of her favorite sites, Jennifer Fisher. Jennifer is not a chef, but a busy (and very successful) working Mom. Somehow, she still works to prioritize making healthy food for herself and her family. Gretchen made this recently and served it in lettuce cups - it was gone in minutes. It is a different take on a traditional tuna salad - full of protein and fiber and has a kick to it that's just so yummy. It's also great on top our favorite cracker Ella's Flats. Enjoy!
• 3 (5oz) cans of Trader Joe's Skipjack Tuna
• 3 tbsp good Dijon mustard
• 2-3 tbsp jarred jalapeños, finely diced
• 1/2 red onion, finely diced
• 1 can organic white beans
• 3 tbsp mustard vinaigrette (see below)
• Salt, to taste
• Fresh cracked black pepper
• 1/4 cup avocado oil • 1 tbsp red wine vinegar • 1 clove of garlic, finely minced • 1 tsp Dijon mustard • Salt, to taste • Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
1. Drain tuna.
2. Using the back of a fork flake the tuna in a bowl until fine.
3. Coat the tuna with mustard vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add dijon mustard and mix well.
5. Add jalapeños and red onion to your liking.
6. Add beans.
Serve in lettuce cups or our favorite crackers for an incredibly healthy and satisfying lunch. Enjoy!