This recipe doesn't require a lot of ingredients or work but is absolutely delicious - making it a true winner for an easy weeknight dinner. Gretchen always serves it over rice for her family to add a little more substance and make it more filling. If you are doing Whole 30, simply omit!
*Whole 30 Compliant
• 2 tbsp avocado oil • 1 tsp toasted sesame oil • 1 lb. ground turkey • 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or more to taste • 1/2 tsp black pepper, or more to taste • 12 ounces green beans (snipped and cleaned) • 1 tbsp Yellowbird Siracha Sauce (be sure to get the one without the sugar added) • 2 tbsp coconut aminos
• 1/2 cup packed basil leaves
1. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat with avocado and toasted sesame oil. When hot, add the ground turkey, salt and pepper and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon until cooked through (no longer pink), 5 to 7 minutes. When cooked through, set heat on low and keep warm while you prepare the green beans.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large skillet or water to a boil. Once boiling, add the green beans and cook for 3 minutes. Transfer the par-cooked green beans to a bowl of ice water to shock the green beans and lock in the green color.
3. Increase the heat in the wok back up to medium-high. Drain and transfer the green beans to the wok and cook, tossing often, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the Siracha, coconut aminos, and basil leaves and cook 2 more minutes.
4. Serve as is, or over rice if that sounds good to you!
*Recipe by The Defined Dish